STICK THE MOGEES
Attach the Mogees to
the object you want
RECORD YOUR GESTURES
Train the Mogees app to recognise
different types of hits or strikes
on an object
CHOOSE YOUR SOUNDS
Associate these gestures
to individual sounds
or MIDI notes
PLAY THE WORLD
Transform any object
into a musical
Specify how you want to play your instrument by recording your own gestures, such as hitting, scratching or striking it in different ways. Associate these gestures with different sound engines or MIDI notes.
MOGEES SOUND ENGINES
Choose from a growing selection of versatile sound engines,
specifically designed to be controlled with your gestures.
MUON: Physical Modelling Re-Synthesizer
Interpol808: a classic drum machine emulator
Scope: the natural vibration re-synthesiser
Foxtrot: a retro-electro percussive drum synth
MOGEES AND MIDI
Sync Mogees with your existing tracks
Send MIDI notes from your sequencer to the Mogees
plug to synchronise your live performance with
Use Mogees as a MIDI Controller. Your gestures can
trigger different MIDI notes and control any synth or effect.
Mogees gives you a new world of musically creative possibilities!
Mogees combines a vibration sensor with intelligent music software, transforming any object around you into a unique musical instrument.
The Mogees sensor is a high quality contact microphone that captures every vibration you create as you play any object.
The Mogees app is compatible with most Apple devices running iOS 8 and newer, including:
– iPhone 5, 5S, 5C, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus
– iPad 2, 3, 4
– iPad Air, Mini, Mini 2
(Please note that iPhone 4S and iPod touch 5th Generation are not compatible.)
Mogees’ software is also available as a VST/AU plugin for Mac OS X 10.7 and newer – use Mogees with your favorite DAW
MOGEES – Disruptive Technology
So how does this all work–How do you turn any surface or object into an instrument?
– Mogees’ sensor detects the vibrations you create when touching a physical object and send them to the Mogees software, which detects the audio frequencies generated by your gesture and will tune the sound of your instrument accordingly in real-time.
– The software also learns the “gestures” that you perform – such as taps or scratches. These gestures can then be assigned to separate Mogees Sound Engines, or to MIDI. Think of Mogees as the ability to turn any physical object or surface into a MIDI controller!
There are currently four Sound Engines (instruments) available, with more to come soon:
– Muon: a physical modelling re-synthesiser. Every acoustic sound in the real world is created by an impact of two bodies: a resonator (for example the string of a guitar) and an exciter (for example a pick). With Muon it is possible to emulate the sound of a variety of resonators made of different materials, where the exciter becomes any sound captured by the Mogees sensor.
– Interpol808 : a classic drum machine emulator;
– Blue Steel : a complex Karplus-Strong steel string resonator;
– Foxtrot : a retro-electro percussive drum
MIDI is the universal language of digital music. Through MIDI, you can fully integrate Mogees with other audio gear.
Turn anything into a Midi controller. Your gestures can trigger different MIDI notes by velocity and control any synth or effect. For example:
– Control a reverb effect by hitting the side of a drum.
– Trigger a sound by tapping on the body of your guitar.
– Play your favourite drum samples by tapping different parts of a table.
The VST/AU plugin
The plugin extends capabilities of the mobile software for use within the studio or on stage, featuring full MIDI integration from inside all popular DAWs like Ableton Live, Logic, Garageband and many others. You can also connect multiple Mogees sensors to your audio interface and run many instances of the plugin at the same time.
In the box
Software download and registration codes for iOS 8+ & Mac OS X 10.7+
Mogees vibration sensor
3.5mm TRRS to 6.5mm TS jack adapter
2 x re-washable adhesive pads
Quick start guide
Vibration Sensor Specifications
Cloth-braided Microphone Quality 3.5mm cable with male TRRS termination – 60cm
Female 3.5mm TRRS to Male 6.35mm adapter